Our goal is for you to have some fun, win some prizes, and enjoy a nice steak, chicken or salmon dinner at the close of the season. With that said, there are some things we want to share.
League entry fee is $50 paid in cash or check at the time of sign up, with checks made out to Richard Lund. Your entry fee entitles you to play in the league, makes you eligible for prizes, and gets you one ticket to the awards banquet. All of the entry fee proceeds go back to the players in the form of prizes, gifts certificates and the year-end banquet.
Speed of play: You should always be right behind (one half hole) of the group in front of you. We will be using a shotgun start again in 2016, allowing all golfers to finish together. The shotgun start was new in 2015 along with moving from Monday morning to Tuesday morning. Shotgun start will be 9:00 a.m. in May/June with an earlier start for July/August if course maintenance is finished early. We will try and accommodate players that like to walk, however a shotgun start normally requires the use of carts. Please consider riding on league day as it helps the speed of play and also having players finish together. Men and Ladies will play co-ed unless there are some ladies that wish to play with other ladies only.
- Mountain Vista staff decides whether or not to cancel competition due to bad weather. Operate on the assumption that we will be playing, even if it’s raining where you live. A final decision usually won’t come until very close to our tee time, so call the clubhouse if in doubt. Senior coffee is always available free J
- Makeup rounds are accepted (maximum of three). Makeup rounds may be played one week prior to being gone or one week after but must be completed prior to the next Tuesday following the Tuesday missed. The last week for makeup will be August 16th and turned in by August 23rd. No makeup’s after that date will be accepted! Please understand that you cannot make up the last event of the season (August 23rd) for any reason. Makeup scores will be included in the on-going competitions, but only regular weekly play counts towards the weekly competitions/prizes. We prefer you play on league day, but realize things come up. All makeup rounds must be witnessed by another golfer, signed by the golfer making up the round and then turned into the pro shop immediately after the round. Makeup scorecards should be marked “SENIOR MAKEUP” WITH THE DATE BEING MADE UP AND MUST BE LEGABLE!
- Even though this is not the US Open, there are prizes at stake. So we’re going to play golf! This means that The Rules of Golf apply! Richard Lund and/or Mike Walz comprise the “Committee” as defined in The Rules, and therefore have final authority to resolve any issues. The best general advice is: play the course as you find it, play your ball as it lies, and don’t touch it or move it around between the tee and the green! There are no gimmies (All putts must be putted in the cup)! Also, pay attention to the course boundary markers. For example, the white stakes to the left of # 1 / right of #1, right of #5, right of #6 and the right of #9 are course out of bound markers. Never play a ball from out of bounds or drop in bounds (Rules of Golf). If you do, your score for that day will not count, and you won’t be eligible for the weekly prize that day. Please turn in one score card per foursome with LAST NAME and FIRST INITIAL legibly printed on them. Missing or illegible scorecards will not be entered into weekly scoring and can’t be included in final standings.
- Point Parameters and league postings: Each week I will post weekly and season total stats along with weekly event winners in the pro shop. They will also be posted online at mountainvistagreens.com. Scores may not be posted until the following Friday so that makeup’s can be entered before the week is posted. I enter all the scores myself so if there are discrepancies or questions don’t hesitate to ask. You can receive points in a couple of ways. You will receive 20 points for showing up each week, and 1 point for each person you beat/tie each week.
- Prizes and Points: All prizes and awards will be distributed at the awards dinner, except drink tickets, which are given out during the season. Prizes will be awarded for the top three individual finishers in each division based on point accumulation throughout the duration of the league. A handicap will be used for each player (not an official GHIN handicap). For new players, starting handicaps will be based on three 9 hole rounds turned in prior to the first weeks play. Players from prior years play will start with their season-ending handicap. There are also many weekly contests which are both individual and team. At the year-end banquet, the winners will be announced and receive prizes. Any questions, please contact Richard Lund. (970) 419-0397 – email@example.com Good luck and see you on the links.