2019 Senior League
Our goal is for you to have some fun, win some prizes, and enjoy a nice steak, chicken or salmon dinner at the close of the season.
. The league is co-ed with ladies and gentlemen playing together. League entry fee is $50 paid in cash or check (checks made out to Richard Lund) at the time of sign up. Your entry fee entitles you to play in the league, makes you eligible for prizes, and gets you one ticket to the awards banquet at the end of the season. All of the entry fee proceeds go back to the players in the form of prizes, gifts certificates and the year-end banquet. 2019 League will start on Tuesday, May 7th.
Speed of play: We should always be right behind of the group in front (one half hole). Play is on Tuesday morning’s, shotgun start and carts. Start time is at 9:00 a.m. in May/June with an earlier start at 8:00 a.m. for July/August if course maintenance is finished. Mountain Vista staff decides whether or not to cancel competition due to bad weather. You want to operate on the assumption that we will be playing, even if it’s raining where you live. A final decision usually will not come until very close to our tee time, so call the clubhouse if in doubt. Senior coffee is always available free.
- Makeup rounds are accepted. Makeup rounds may be made up one week prior to being gone or one week after but must be completed prior to next Tuesday’s league. Please understand that you cannot make up the last week of play for any reason. Makeup scores (3 maximum) will be included in the on-going competitions, but only regular weekly play counts towards the weekly events/prizes. We prefer you play on league day, but realize things do come up. All makeup rounds should be witnessed by another golfer, signed by the golfer making up the round and then turned into the pro shop immediately after the round. Makeup scorecards should be marked “SENIOR MAKEUP” with the date of play being made up. Score card are to be signed and attested.
- Even though this is not the US Open, there are prizes at stake. So we’re going to play golf. This means that The Rules of Golf apply! Richard Lund and/or Mike Walz comprise the “Committee” and have final authority to resolve any issues. The best general advice is, play the course as you find it, and play your ball as it lies and don’t touch it or move it around between the tee and the green! There are no gimmies (All putts must be putted in the cup)! Also, pay attention to the course boundary markers. For example, the white stakes to the left of # 1 / right of #1, right of #5, right of #6 and the right of #9 are course out of bound markers. Never play a ball from out of bounds or drop in bounds (Rules of Golf). If you do, your score for that day will not count, and you won’t be eligible for the weekly prize that day. Please turn in one score card per foursome with LAST NAME and FIRST INITIAL of each player, legibly printed on them. Missing or unreadable scorecards cannot be entered into weekly scoring and will not be included in final standings. Scorecards are to be signed and attested.
- Point Parameters and league postings: Each week I will post weekly and season total stats along with weekly event winners in the pro shop. They will also be posted online at mountainvistagreens.com. Scores may not be posted until the following Saturday so that makeup’s can be entered. I enter all the scores myself so if there are discrepancies or questions don’t hesitate to ask. You can receive points in a couple of ways. You will receive 20 points for showing up each week, and 2 point for each person you beat and 1 point for each person tied.
- Handicaps: For new players, starting handicaps will be based on three 9 – hole rounds turned in prior to the first weeks play. Players from prior year’s play will start the season with the prior season’s ending handicap. The software the league uses will calculate handicap changes automatically during the season.
- Prizes and Points: There are many weekly events which are both individual and team. At the year-end banquet, the division winners will be announced with certificates being awarded to the top three individual finishers in each division based on point accumulation throughout the duration of the season. Certificates will also be presented to the weekly event winners… Any questions, please contact Richard Lund. (970) 419-0397 – firstname.lastname@example.org Good luck and see you on the links.