MEN’S LEAGUE 2019
Gentlemen, thanks for your interest again this year. Our goal is for you to have some fun, have a chance to win some prizes, and enjoy a nice steak dinner. With that said, there are some things you need to know.
- Speed of play: Please play in no longer than 2 hours and 15 minutes. You should always be right behind the group in front of you. This will allow all golfers to finish with sunlight! Men 69 and under play the white tees. Men 70 and older have the option to play the gold tees.
- League entry fee is $75 paid in cash or check. Your entry fee entitles you to play in the league, makes you eligible for prizes, and gets you one ticket to the awards banquet. All of the entry fee proceeds go back to the players in the form of prizes, gifts & banquet.
- Mountain Vista staff decides whether or not to cancel competition due to bad weather. Operate on the assumption that we will be playing, even if it’s raining during the day. A final decision usually won’t come until very close to our tee times, because bad weather throughout the day often improves a lot by league time. We will post league cancelations on our website by 2pm on the day of league.
- Makeup rounds are accepted (maximum of three). They must be done within 10 days of the league night missed. The very last day to turn in any makeup rounds is August 16th, no makeup’s after that date will be accepted even if you can’t make the last event! Please understand that you cannot make up the last event of the season for any reason. Makeup scores will be included in the on-going competitions, but only regular night play counts towards the weekly competitions/prizes. We prefer you play on league night, but realize things come up. All makeup rounds must be witnessed by another golfer and signed by golfer and witness then turned in to the pro shop immediately after the round.
- Even though this ain’t the US Open, there are some valuable prizes at stake. So we’re going to play golf! Which means that The Rules of Golf apply! Ask any staffer if you have questions. Deryle and/or Matt comprise the “Committee” as defined in The Rules, and therefore have final authority to resolve any issues. The best general advice is: play the course as you find it, play your ball as it lies, and don’t touch it or move it around between the tee and the green! There are no gimmies. Also, pay attention to the course boundary markers. For example, the white stakes to the left of # 1, the right of #6, and the right of #9 are course boundary markers. NEW LOCAL RULE: SHOTS HIT OB DON’T REQUIRE A PROVISIONAL SHOT. SIMPLY BRING BALL TO THE EDGE OF THE FAIRWAY ON THE LINE IT WENT OB, NO CLOSER TO HOLE, AND ADD TWO STROKE PENALTY. SEE INSTRUCTIONS ON LEAGUE BOARD. Never play a ball from out of bounds. If you do, your score for that night will not count, and you won’t be eligible for the weekly prize that night. Please turn in one score card per foursome with last names legibly printed on them. Missing or illegible scorecards will not be entered into final standings.
- Point Parameters and league postings: Each week I will post weekly and season total stats along with weekly winners in the pro shop and online at mountainvistagreens.com. Scores are not posted until the following league night so all makeup’s can be entered before the week is posted. I enter all the scores myself so if there are discrepancies or questions don’t hesitate to ask. Here are the ways you can accumulate points: You will receive 1 point for each person you beat/tie each week (net). You also receive 10 points for showing up, getting a sub to play in your place or doing a makeup within 10 days.
- Prizes and Points: All prizes and awards will be distributed at the awards dinner, except drink tickets, which are given out during the season. Prizes will be awarded for the TOP FIVE individual finishers in point accumulation throughout the duration of the league. Your scores will be posted each week along with your point totals. A handicap will be calculated for you (not an official GHIN handicap). This will be based on all scores and follows the GHIN parameters. If you played in league last year your handicap will transfer over to start the new league season. There are also many weekly contests which are both individual and team. At the year-end banquet 1st through 5th place will be announced and receive prizes. Any questions please ask. Thank you and good luck! Matt O’Dell 219-3750.